Saturday, April 15, 2023

 Cocaine Bear "Based on a true story"


Cocaine Bear is on streaming so what the heck, I watched it. I was hoping that it was one of those movies that was so bad I could laugh through it but I didn't. That's probably where I should end my review but I'm not going to.

Plot, a guy is tossing bundles of coke out of an airplane but just before he jumps he hits his head and knocks himself out, falls out the door and plunges to his death. A bear finds the drugs, eats them and goes nuts. And then it goes on a killing spree. That's it, that's the plot.

The problem with the movie is a lot of stuff is predictable. The bear kills hikers, the drug lord comes looking for his packages, people get shot, the bear kills people and so forth and so on. Seriously, every time they open a door or get in a car or are walking through the woods you know what's going to happen next. I'm still not sure if they were playing this for real or comedy. And it doesn't have anything to do with the actual true story. 

So, should you watch Cocaine Bear? Well, if you have a bunch of snarky friends then sure, this film has plenty of room for comments. However if you want a good horror movie or scare fest, or a laugh out loud film, pass. 

Sadly enough it was Ray Liotta's last film. Remember him for Goodfellas, not this. RIP Ray.

No comments:

Post a Comment