As The Station Turns 8/1
Welcome to Hell Week
I had two full days off, in a row. It was a miracle, however I am going to have to work 7 days including two back to back double shifts, since the Manager is taking a week off and there's nobody who can cover her shifts. I said this before and I'll say it again, I'm waiting to see what happens towards the end of this year and then may make a major change of plans.
My original weekend plan was to get a lot of stuff done on Thursday and then go visit the Late Guy on Friday, since I hadn't been there in a while. However I slept in on Thursday so I started the day behind and didn't get stuff done at the first of the day. In the end I went to see the Weekend Guy on Thursday morning and then spent the rest of the day doing stuff house, since Hell Week was coming up.
On Friday it rained first thing in the morning so once again I put off going to see the Late Guy and hearing all his complaints. I went to do my big job of the morning and it took longer than I planned and by the time I finally got around to eating lunch it was 2 PM, too late for a visit. And since we're going into Hell Week I won't be getting a mid week day off and by Friday I'm gonna be exhausted. I may not see him for another two weeks. Not to mention he could have stepped up and covered one of the shifts during Hell Week.
I got some semi good news when I got to work, Hell Week has been put off, but only until next week. The Manager had gotten her dates wrong. I had gotten all psyched up for it and now I'm going to have to do it all over again next week. Oh well. Also Mrs. Late Guy will be working at the Haunted Station on Monday so I won't be working with her in the afternoon. That means I'm going to have a busy day.
Pump #7 was unbagged. I guess they fixed the leak. Pump #5 is also still unbagged but wasn't working, even though it had been working during my days off. Much later it worked again. I realized what the problem is, something must be loose and in the afternoon when the sun is shining directly on it the loose part expands and stops making contact. Later when it cools off the loose piece makes contact again and starts working. This won't last long because eventually the expanding and contracting will become a permanent thing. Meanwhile people keep complaining at me and I have to tell them to move to a different pump.
It decided to rain, hard, and then came the hail. A woman ran out to the car but the door was locked. She was pounding on the window and yelling at her husband. He's going to regret that. Another family bought a box of trash bags to wrap up the suitcases in the back of their truck. Be sure to check the weather before you set out on a trip.
Once again there were no paper towels in the ladies room and one of the stalls was almost out of toilet paper, and the trashes needed dumped. Everyone has their thing and Mrs. Late Guy's thing is casually overlooking stuff in the restroom. Then some guy spent an extra long time in the restroom. When he came out he told me "someone" had clogged the toilet and it was overflowing. I can guess who did that. Of course a bunch of people came in at that time, including the world's slowest old lady. When the third person came in to complain about the restroom I snapped at him and said "I'll get to it as soon as I can", he left in a hurry but the guy standing at the register still took his time. I finally got it plunged and the floor mopped. And then someone dumped a bunch of paper in the ladies room toilet and clogged it up. Sheesh. SHEESH!
I needed to take a restroom break myself but there was one guy wandering around and looking at everything. Finally he left and here came a swarm. They all cleared out and I was going to run to the back when someone who had been parked out on the edge of the lot, for a long time, suddenly came flying up to the pump so I waited, then the next swarm came in. Across the street was completely empty the whole time by the way. Finally it was down to just one car but they had already come in and got gas so I said screw it and went. When I came out the next swarm hit.
The trashes were overflowing so I figured I would take care them on the next slow point however as soon as I touched the bags a caravan of U-Hauls showed up. Oddly even though they were traveling together they filled up one at a time. I eventually got to the trashes and was tossing the bags in the dumpsters just as the next swarm showed up. AHA, beat you.
The Boss came in, he was complaining about the Graveyard Shift Guy not being able to log in on the facial recognition time clock. The guy is getting too close so he's in the shadow and the thing can't read his features. Well, I'm not his boss so I don't say anything. Thankfully he didn't hang out long.
I should go back and look because I was complaining about how people swarmed on the Pepsi machine as I was trying to change out the CO2 tank. Well I had to do it again today, even though there wasn't a crowd of people. It just seems odd that it ran out that fast. I considered marking the machine out of order and taking off my note just before I left and letting someone else replace it but chances are nobody else was going to do it so I might as well get it done.
Last week I saw a werewolf and last night I saw a vampire. I swear the woman was the whitest non albino person I ever saw, and being dressed all in black only emphasized it. I didn't see any fangs but I knew, she was a vampire.
A family showed up and did several things I hate:
Part 1. Dad and a bunch of kids ran all over the store trying to figure out what they wanted. "No you can't have that" "That's too big for just you" "If you get that you'll have to share" "We're checking out so hurry up, you have until the count of 5, 5...4...3...2...1, hurry up"
Part 2. Dad finished up but then mom and the grumpy teenage daughter came up. Wait, they changed their mind, could I void that and switch it out for that?
Part 3. Junior, who had been in the restroom the whole time comes out, and slowly looks at everything hanging on the gummy rack. C'mon kid, it's all the same crap just in different colors and shapes. He finally picks something out and starts to pay for it when dad comes in to tell him that he already got the kid something. The kid buys his stuff anyhow.
Part 4. They all left, I can finally go do what I was going to do when Dad comes back in to use the restroom, and takes his time.
I got everything done, the Graveyard Shift Guy showed up and complained because Mrs. Late Guy had written down all the rolled coins in her drawer but forgot to count the loose change so he has to re add everything up. I went to clock out and the stupid time clock wouldn't recognize my face. I wasn't going to hang around and wait until it finally decided to work. They could put me down as leaving at 10. I'd lose a couple of minutes on my check but I didn't care, I just wanted to go home. Lets hope it works when I clock in on Sunday.
Comments
Post a Comment