As The Station Turns 7/18

 The Part Time Woman works at the Truck Stop on Saturday morning and every week it's the same thing, the restrooms need attention, the trash cans are overflowing and so forth. Today the women's room trash can was in the hall and the small cans next to the toilets were overflowing. The trash can in the mens room was under the hand dryer and had anyone used it the blast of air would have blown the garbage all over the floor. It doesn't happen the rest of the week, sure one or two things may need done but not all of them. I'm willing to bet the Part Time Woman tells Mrs. Late Guy she's going to check and then doesn't do any of it. I'd be happy if they came up with a good excuse to fire her. Also if the Random Woman takes next weekend off the Part Time Woman will be covering over there, fingers crossed.

I got a call from the Weekend Guy, the mailman dropped off a letter for me from the Justice Department. I told him I would drop by on Sunday morning and pick it up. I'm pretty sure it's about the guy who robbed the place a few years back. I'd say what I hope the news is but that's bad Karma. 

The first chance I got I ran out and put a "Please Pay Inside" note on the #12 pump, I had taken it off when I left on Thursday so other people had to deal with it not working. I checked the receipts and they hadn't done a single at the pump sale. I'm gonna leave it on, at least until Monday night. I also noticed that the #7 pump was bagged out, someone had been complaining that it was leaking, it probably got worse. That means both it and #5 are down, time to call a repair guy.

Some asshole couldn't get the lid onto his soda cup. I went to help him but he said it would just go without one. And then he turns around and throws it into the trash, full, so the soda was all over the trash can. And I was busy so I couldn't go dump it. When I got the chance he and his fellow crowd were still outside so you know I flipped them off.

I saw the Random Woman show up across the street, right on the hour. The Boss had told her to show up at least 10 minutes early but her and the Late Guy are always fighting so she does her passive/aggressive thing, technically she's on time, but late.

A guy came in and kept trying to bypass his PIN but you can't do that on our system. He tried to enter a couple but they were't working. He gave up. You have to wonder, is it their card?

Someone threw their pizza boxes at the trash cans but not into them. The crusts had fallen out right next to the pumps, I suspect they threw the boxes at the pumps. I picked up the trash and kicked the crusts out where the birds could get to them. A half hour later the crows had carried them off.

I got the trashes done and figured I would do the ice, after I washed my hands of course, and that's when the pissers showed up. Thankfully I wasn't in a hurry.

Another woman pulled onto the lot, she parked at the pumps but didn't get any gas. That's when I realized she was throwing trash, at the trash cans, and missed. It was paper stuff like napkins or tissue and the wind was blowing so it became the problem of the station next door.

Towards the end of the night I rushed in to do the restrooms, I won't leave it like the Part Time Woman does. I actually got them cleaned, mopped, the trashes dumped and my hands washed before the next swarm showed up. AHA!

Some kid went in the restroom for a long time, just after I had cleaned them. There was an entire van full of people waiting for him. Eventually mom came in to check but it was just as he walked out. I figured I had better go check but just then I got a swarm of pissers. I could just imagine a clogged toilet getting worse and worse. However when everyone cleared out the restrooms looked OK.

A bus rolled onto the lot, I was having flashbacks from the day before when I got swarmed by Church Camp kids. However they never got out, they must have just been checking their directions.

I did get a swarm of Boy Scouts. They were standing in line for the restroom and a couple looked frustrated at the wait time. They headed out the back door and then came back inside. I guess they had been peeing outside for a week so pissing out behind the dumpsters didn't bother them. Thousands of people have done it in the past so no big deal.

I could have sworn the Graveyard Shift Guy showed up early however if it was him he took 10 minutes to drive around the building. Thankfully he showed up and I was able to go home. Once again Bigfoot is coming in late.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lottery Experiment, July.

As The Station Turns 6/4-5

As The Station Turns 5/23