As The Station Turns 7/26

I spent my day off working on the Bad Hawg, there is a cable that runs from the control panel on the handlebars to the motor on the front wheel. But for some reason the panel that the cable hooks in to keeps spinning, it's not suppose to, and pulling the cable loose. So a bit of work and it quit doing that, until today. As soon as I got on and pulled out the gate, there goes the cable. So I had to drive to work. On my next day off I have to pull off the front wheel to figure out what the heck is going on there. It could be some lock screw has come loose.

It's been super hot and the sun was extra bright today so I left my attic windows open, and the Bad Hawg uncovered. About an hour later the clouds rolled in and seriously looked like rain, all day long. Heck at the end of the night there was lightning on the horizon. All I had to do was get home before it rained. It never rained.

I get to work, the place is busy, Mrs. Late Guy was frustrated and ready to go home and a woman came in to tell me some guy was sitting at one of the pumps playing his guitar for money. So, the first chance I got I went out and told him he was going to have to roll on. He had some little kid with him who was running around on the lot, drivers don't pay attention, it was a dangerous situation. Worse, Mrs. Late Guy told him it was fine if he hung out "for a while", but you let people set up shop and they aren't going to leave. Thankfully he did leave and I didn't have to deal with it anymore. Honestly, they need to run these people off right away, before I got sent over there the first time they let some guy pitch a tent behind the storage shed and that spiraled until the police had to remove him from the place.

Mrs. Late Guy told me the card reader at the second register locked up during the night and the Graveyard Shift panicked. It does that every now and then, you have to unplug it, and then reboot it. I'm not going to tell them because they'd probably crash the whole system. Although I would get a day off.....hmmmm....

The pump rejected someone's card so the woman came in. She wasn't happy when I told her I could only do it as a prepay since I didn't know if her card was going to work or not. She decided she needed 11 gallons, I can't set the pump by the gallon so I set it for $45. She came back because they had a 30 gallon tank and wanted to fill up. She was pissed that I insisted on a prepay for a second time, this time I set it for $80 since again, we don't set the pump by the gallon. They didn't take it all so she came back and I had to show her where the remainder was refunded to her card. When they say "I don't know how much it will take, I just want to fill up" I should just set the pump for $100.

Some guys came flying onto the lot and I could see them, clearly they were Douche Bros. You know the type, loud, obnoxious, self entitled and driving the car daddy gave them, probably on their way to college where they major in getting drunk and harassing women. Anyhow they came in and every sentence ended with "Bro!" as in "I'm going to the restroom bro!" or "I should get some chips bro". Of course they made a mess and bitched about prices, hey bro, your daddy is paying off your card so why worry about it. They left and I cleaned up their mess. The good news is they will die alone from liver failure after a long miserable life.

A woman came to the counter to tell me someone had filled up one of the toilets with paper. Naturally I was busy. Thankfully the place cleared out and it wasn't a huge mess. I just took a bucket full of water, dumped in the toilet and got it to flush from underneath the paper. Crisis solved.

BTW, when I got back to the restroom, it was the first time that day, I discovered one of the stalls was out of toilet paper and the men's trash can was in the hall, naturally people threw their trash all over the floor. I had to do a quick clean and stocking. I like Mrs. Late Guy but she needs to make sure the restrooms are properly done. 

About a month ago I opened up a roll of pennies, and there was a whole stack of wheat pennies in there. I checked a second roll and again, wheat pennies. I cheated and checked the rolls in the spare drawer and there was a bunch in them too. I figured what the heck and got $2 worth out of the safe, more wheat pennies. In the end I got 85¢ in the pennies but I had to leave it since the Boss would want to know why I bought all the penny rolls out of the safe. The next time I came in there weren't anymore rolls with numerous older pennies. Today I got out a roll and it had 6 old pennies so I got a second one and it had four. I figure someone somewhere took a dead relatives penny jar to the bank, they ran it through the rolling machine and never looked. I will probably check again today to make sure but in the end I got a dollar's worth of wheat pennies.

The Boss is back. He said he wouldn't be here until August so it caught me off guard. He asked about what was going on but I tend to mind my own business "WINK" so I didn't have a lot of answers for him. He told me he keeps getting texts from the Doofus begging to get his job back. I suggested giving him a temporary job cleaning up all the trash around the lower lot at the Haunted Station. I have to wonder if the Doofus is still working at the liquor store. I guess I'll have to drop by and see the Late Guy on Friday to see if he knows the gossip.

A woman came in and wanted to know if we offered discounts to people who were 100% disabled. Maybe I overthought this but if you were 100% disabled doesn't that mean you're dead? I didn't give her a discount since she was up and walking around.

The Graveyard Shift Guy came in and of course had trouble with the facial recognition time clock. I dropped a hint that he was standing too close so his face was in shadow, he didn't take the hint. I would get upset at people not listening to me but they've not been listening to me for the majority of my life so I'm use to it. Plus I pick up a few extra minutes on my time card while I wait. And then I went to the bank because I needed some cash so I can put some secret marks on bills and mix them in with the change of the bikers headed to Sturges, that way they'll go all over the country. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lottery Experiment, July.

As The Station Turns 5/23

As The Station Turns 6/4-5