As The Station Turns 8/17

 I woke to the sound of my phone ringing, since the Graveyard Shift Guy was loudly coughing last night I didn't want to answer it, could be the boss asking me to cover the graveyard shift tonight. It turned out to be my niece, her and the family will be in town next month and wanted to make sure they could stay here. The only problem will be the fridge, I now have a small one and there isn't room in it for stuff for 9 people.

When I got to work the Manager was in a bad mood. A little of her normal Monday bad mood and a post vacation bad mood. I did my best to not say anything. For some reason she felt it necessary to clean the restroom despite both me and Mrs. Late Guy being there and it was slow. Oh well, I'm not going to complain, and I wasn't going to say anything to her either.

I got the Manager's drawer and she was $10 short. She miscounted her five dollar bills. Again, not going to say a word. I just opened the door for $10 less than normal.

The Handyman was across the street. He is doing temporary work to fulfill the requirements of a food license, which means soon they'll have burgers and pizza. I'm really glad I'm not over there anymore because that's going to be a mess. The Late Guy is talking about having two people on staff, one working the register and the other handling the hot food. The funny part is whoever works the register is also going to have to do the restrooms and the trash since a food handler isn't allowed to do that.

A guy came in looking for a Pizza Hut. Well, go north to the next town, then get off at the third exit, turn left under the interstate and across the railroad tracks. Look for the Chinese restaurant and turn left. And there it is.

Someone came to tell Mrs Late Guy there was a mess in the ladies room. I guess it was really bad. And sure enough, there was a swarm of people right then. Well, since she was doing it she decided to check the mens room, and it was a mess. Thankfully I didn't have to deal with it, or have any large messes for the rest of the day. I'll have to be nice to her in the future. Although she said she had to go see a doctor for her foot problems and there might come a time when I have to cover her shift for a few days so....

A guy called, he had left an important case on his truck when he pulled out and it had fallen off somewhere. He had tried to call across the street but the number didn't work. For some reason it's listed wrong on the internet, so I gave the guy the real phone number. Since Mrs Lae Guy was there I decided to go look to see if the guy's case was laying in the street. As I got to the curb the Weekend Guy came out of the Haunted Station, he was on the phone with the guy and he was looking around too. Naturally I flipped him off and he shouted profanities at me. Neither of us found the case, There is a chance it stayed on the truck for a few miles and was laying on the side of the road somewhere. I wish the guy luck in finding it.

The Professional Moocher was sitting on the edge of the property. I guess he's coming over there when I'm not there (I had to run some Tuesday errands and I saw him sitting in front of the building). He told Mrs Late Guy that some A-hole told him off, that would be me. If they would do what the Boss told them and tell him to leave he might go somewhere else and be a nuisance. I guess some kid tried to buy smokes but was under age, Mrs Late Guy saw the kid talking to the Professional Moocher who then tried to come in and buy the kid the cigarettes. Mrs Late Guy refused and Moocher got mad, since the kid wasn't going to pay him for buying them. Welcome to The Law.

I got a break and filled up the ice machine. Before I could put the ladder and buckets away some guy came in. He looked in each of the coolers, going back on multiple times, looking at the same thing two or three times. He finally came and paid for the thing he grabbed the first time. And then I got to put away the buckets and ladder. 

When I went to do the trash but I got the first rush of the day. Surprised?

Around sunset some people pulled around by the dumpster. They started taking photos from my favorite spot. How did they know? I post photos on Facebook so perhaps a local saw them and sent the people there. Anyhow they got a lot of selfies and panoramas. We need one of those Kodak photo spots signs.

Skippy came by, checked a few prices and then left. Since the Weekend Guy is working over there and won't close up early Skippy didn't go over to check on things. I guess that's what happens when you're reliable.

The Storyteller must have been in a hurry tonight because he didn't have anything to share. 

The Crazy Lady rolled in first to work. She had set her clock wrong and actually showed up on time. She didn't clock in and I wasn't going to tell her anything since I was ready to go home and didn't want to wait for the Graveyard Shift Guy to count in his drawer, while trying to avoid the crowd. And then I went home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

As The Station Turns 8/16

As The Station Turns 6/4-5

As The Station Turns 5/23