As The Station Turns 8/20 - 21

 As I was heading to work the rain was coming, so I was rushing. First I had to wait for an RV that was sloooooly turning a corner. Then a guy was coming the other way with his turn signal on, but he wasn't in the turn lane. I sat there and waited until he actually turned, I flipped him off of course. And then it rained. At least I only had to run from my car to the door but none the less, if you're turning use the turn lane. 

Bigfoot miscounted his drawer, again. He adds up the loose coins but doesn't include the rolled ones. Good thing I'm not a thief. 

The Manager had taken the anti slip rug from under the soda machine and put it outside. Did I mention it was raining? The thing was soaked so I had to leave it outside for half the day.

A guy was parked at the pump, not a customer, just sitting out there playing on his phone. I was going to go out and tell him to leave but I had too many customers in the building. When the place finally cleared out he was gone. Here's a hint people, pumps are for getting gas, not eating your lunch, not catching up on your texts, getting gas. Park off to the side and if you want to be in the shade park under the trees over on the side.

A guy wanted hot coffee, so he got a slushie cappuccino, and realized the frozen stuff coming out of the frozen machine was frozen. I pointed out where the hot coffee was and told him he could dump the cold stuff out in the soda machine drain. So naturally he dumped his cup into the slushie drip tray, so I had to rinse that out. Then he couldn't find the lids. He finally paid for it and I was nice but was secretly flipping him off behind the register screen 

A guy wanted $19 in gas and paid me all in singles. Usually people will toss their stack of cash at me and walk out the door but this time the guy actually waited while I counted it, and it was a good thing too. He had two bills folded over in the middle and hadn't counted them, so I asked him if he wanted $21 and he said sure. It's a good thing I'm not a thief and when people overpay me I set the pump for what they gave me. One time a guy threw a wad of bills at me and said "mumble mumble, mumble pump 6" and then ran out the door. I asked the person next to me "Did he say $50 or $60?" they didn't know. I set the pump for the $60, they got $54 and took off. I figured they planned to give me two $20's and a $10 and thought they got a free $4 in gas but instead I got a great tip.

The Professional Moocher had a friend today, they were sitting under his begging tree and I hope they weren't drinking beer because open containers in a public space is against the law in this town. He still won't come over to the station while I'm there. If I do see him I might mention his pal the Late Guy is working across the street, he can go over there and be a nuisance.

A guy bought an almond Snickers but he left it on the counter while he rushed to the restroom. I was so tempted to switch it out for a regular Snickers just to see his reaction. But I didn't know how long he was going to be in there and didn't want to get caught in the middle of the act. Some day.

I noticed the Random Woman was working the morning shift across the street and then the Part Time Woman worked the afternoon. I guess the Weekend Guy got the day off. And after getting busted for not turning her canopy lights on, they went on at sundown, perhaps a few minutes before. 

Someone paid in a nasty $20. It was stained and looked like it had been soaked in oil, but it was still a legitimate bill. I knew it wasn't going to go into the safe reader and I was going to have to drop it through the slot. Or, I checked the other drawer and there was a good $20 in there and I accidentally switched them out. The Crazy Lady got the drawer when she came in. Bwa ha ha ha.

A guy was looking for caffeine patches. Are those legal? No, we don't have any.

I was out checking the lot and the air hose was laying on the ground instead of in its holder. When I checked I found out some butthole had stuffed it full of trash, mostly cigarette boxes. So I dug them all out and toss them in the trash can. I'm willing to be the Professional Moocher did that for revenge. Just another reason he isn't welcome. (the cartons were his brand btw)

Some guy was walking in when he got a phone call. It was a very animated conversation. He was done by the time he came in but I got the feeling it was business related. 

A woman was filling up her soda cup. An air bubble came out of the line and her cup foamed over. The smart thing was to leave the cup on the drain but nooooo, she had to pull it forward so it foamed all over the counter and onto the floor. Thanks for that.

It was the usual end of the night stuff. I was trying to get ready for shift change when I got a mob of tag team pissers. I swear there were 20 people and I did two sales. I hate when the station next door closes down and I suddenly get all their customers. 

My almost last customer was a guy wanting to buy a vape. He looked nervous so I asked for his I.D. He rattled off his date of birth but I told him I needed to see his physical I.D., which he left in the car. I can wait for him to go get it. Then the girl he was with came in and asked for the same brand and flavor of vape. I asked her if she was with the guy and she told me yes, bad decision there. I pointed out that since he had asked for it I was going to have to see his I.D. She left and I put it back on the shelf. The Crazy Lady came in and I closed my drawer. He came back, I guess he dug out his I.D. and she sold him one. I hope she looked at his I.D.

And then I went home before it rained on me again.

8/21

I went for my morning walk and stopped to see the Weekend Guy. I was giving him a hard time about not being at work last week. He was pissed that the RV guy said he got permission to stay there. It turns out that the guy had come in and asked about closing time, waited until the Weekend Guy had gone home and then pulled around back. After the Gypsy problem last year the Boss doesn't want anyone staying on the lot.

The guy who had called about losing his case came back to take a look around the Haunted Station. As he was there the cops showed up, someone found it and turned it in. They called the guy and he got it back,  he was super lucky and someone got a few extra Karma points. 

The Weekend Guy was also complaining about how things are going at the Haunted Station, they were suppose to install a three chamber sink so they can sell hot food but there is no plumbing where they want to put it, which means tearing up the floor, and running pipes. They are now considering putting the sinks over by the utility room with the existing pipework. They didn't think anything out before starting this project. 

And they are going to install new pumps so they want to make sure all the bar codes are in the system so they can just transfer everything over, but half the stuff in the Haunted Station isn't ringing up on the register. Well, when I was in charge....I pulled everything off the shelf, scanned it, and made sure it was in the system. Now the Late Guy has to do check everything and have it done by the end of the week. Wee.

After chatting with the Weekend Guy I stopped in the Haunted Station to see the sink mess, and it is a mess. The Late Guy is he pissed, cigarettes have been disappearing. I told him I had that problem and for some reason I always discovered it on a Monday. I was pretty sure the Part Time Woman was stealing them. Plus trash bags and cleaning supplies. He told me that he had been doing what I did, buying supplies and then hiding them away. However it seems someone got the Downtown Manager to put in an order and what do you know, the boxes had been open and they already used half the supplies, in two days. The accountant was pissed, the Late Guy was pissed, and the Boss is pissed. Gonna be some changes. I also told him how the Part Time Woman would hide stuff behind shelves or in the back room so when it went out of date she could write it off and take it home. He said every week the Dyslexic Woman keeps finding "damaged" packages on stuff he had checked the day before. I told him my solution to the problem was to tell everyone that anything they found had to be written down and left behind the counter to be checked out, by me, for inventory purposes. Suddenly the rash of damaged or outdated stuff dropped off to nothing.

Also someone went around and measured everything, and then complained to the Boss that it wasn't up to handicapped code. I told the Late Guy that the Part Time Woman pulled the same crap when I was there. Plus when they remodel the station they are going to have to bring it up to code anyhow, that's the law. She is this close to being a former employee. 

And I guess the pump thing is getting fast tracked. Soon a crew should show up to redo the pumps and the computer system. Gotta wonder what problems they'll find while doing the install. They will be doing the Truck Stop at the same time, I hope they take a couple of days and I can get a long weekend. 

And then he got busy so I went home. What a mess.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

As The Station Turns 8/16

As The Station Turns 6/4-5

As The Station Turns 5/23