As The Station Turns 8/23
Today the sky wasn't messing around, it was serious about raining so I left the Bad Hawg at home. Instead I loaded up all my household trash in the truck and drove to work, I dump it there because the raccoons in my neighborhood spread trash around the street if you don't throw it out a half hour before the truck shows up. And it rained on me while I was tossing everything in the dumpsters. Then it stopped.
Pump number 3 decided to stop reading cards. I checked the receipts and it had been doing it all day, and half the night. I put a Pay Inside sign on it but I made sure I took it off a half hour before shift change. Let the other people deal with it plus the Boss would complain at me if he found out I did something on my own.
Today was sloooow Moooootion Tag Teamers day. They came in one at a time, used the restroom, wandered around the store and as they left the next one would come in. Every time I went to do something here they would come again. A five minute job would take an hour because of he wait time.
The security light on the camera flashed on and off a couple of times. I think the Boss was watching and did it accidentally. It didn't matter, I was busy at the time. The Part Time Woman claims it's against the law for them to watch us, she got her degree off of YouTube.
I got a chance to check outside and sure enough, nobody had taken care of the squeegee buckets. I could have filled them up yesterday but I figured I would see what happened in 16 hours nobody touched them. Yes, I filled them up.
Yesterday when it was threatening to rain I covered the seat and battery of the Bad Hawg with a trash bag. Later when I left I put it back under the counter. Today the bag was still under the counter and the trashes were overflowing. I don't think anyone had dumped them for a full day. Did they go outside at all during the Graveyard Shift?
Someone had stamped a dollar bill with trump/pence 2020 and it wound up in my drawer. So I took it home and "enhanced" it. I managed to slip it into someone's change and it's gone back out into the world. Bwa ha ha ha ha.
I looked across the street and the Random Woman actually went to work. I should have bought a lottery ticket today.
A guy came in and panicked, he couldn't find his wallet. He paid with his phone but he was hoping he left it in the car. He didn't come back so I don't know how that turned out.
A guy came in and said he card was Credit but every time he stuck it in the machine it asked for a PIN. Chip, tap, even swiping it still insisted on a PIN. He said he didn't have one, not my problem. He ran a different card. I have to wonder if it is a reloadable one, in that case you just run the last four digits of the card's number and it usually works. I wasn't going to say anything just in case it was stolen.
A really old guy didn't know how leaving his card while he filled up worked. Ummmm, didn't you drive in the 20th century? Leaving cards was a standard thing in the 90's. I wonder if people actually forget the basics when new stuff comes along. I mean, I could use a rotary dial phone.
It was getting really purple on the horizon, a new storm was coming our way so I wanted to rush out and dump the trash, however a guy came in and spent extra time in the restroom. Then someone parked around back, they flashed their headlights, they used their emergency lights, they repeated this three or four times and then they pulled out. However they pulled forward, backed up then pulled forward again. Then they pulled through the diesel pumps but came to a stop. Repeated the headlights thing and then took off like they were shot out of a cannon. I have no idea what that was all about but I had to wait to see if they would come inside, while the clouds got closer.
I got the trashes all dumped and beat the storm. A woman had paid with two $100 bills and I was trying to feed them into the safe when the wind came up, really really hard. It sucked the new empty trash bag out of the can shoving the lid off, which went flying across the lot. I finally got the money dropped, grabbed a cup of ice to weight down the trash bag and ran outside, I just caught another trash can before it went flying off. I tried to dump the ice in the trash bag but the wind caught it and twisted it, I missed and the ice fell into the can itself. I didn't have time to go back inside so I ran over to another can that I knew had a bottle of water inside, I dropped it in the bag which worked and then went to chase down the lid, while getting blasted with dust. I managed to get all that done, and the wind died down, however the rain never came, the clouds hit the mountains, followed them and headed east.
I'm glad I'm not the only person who has to deal with grouchy people. A guy came in and said he has a bumper sticker that says "Dog Is My Copilot" I guess some guy found it to be highly offensible and decided to tell the guy off. The guy explained that he travels around with a dog and it was a joke. It just seems some people want to be offended by everything.
I looked out the window and there was water everywhere, and it wasn't raining. Someone had turned on the outside faucet and left it running. Why?
The Boss is back, I guess he flew in yesterday. He told me he took a driving trip to Canada and he doesn't understand why they aren't part of the United States. I told him there were four wars over that and until 1912 they hated our guts. I didn't tell him my great great grandfather had helped keep the U.S. out of Canada during the War of 1812 when he served with the Royal Navy. btw, he jumped ship, hid out in Canada and later crossed the border and eventually moved to Kansas. Basically he was an illegal alien.
The Boss told me that Stinky called him begging for a job, I guess the Doofus is going to kick him out of the house if he doesn't find work soon. I said he should go apply at the County, he could get a job chopping weeds and scraping dead animals off the road. The Boss also told me that he gave Bigfoot a code to log in with until they got around putting his face into the system. However Bigfoot put the wrong code in. I said "no wonder I got two checks this week". And then I laughed.
The Graveyard Shift Guy showed up but there were people hanging around so it took him twice as long to count in his drawer. It's odd how that always happens. He got in his drawer, I got out of my drawer and I went home. And it didn't rain tonight.
Comments
Post a Comment