As The Station Turns 8/5
It was a quiet day at work. Not for the usual reasons of a seasonal slow down but instead it was because of bad drivers. First there was a semi rollover on the highway to Texas, they had to close the west bound lanes so it was bottlenecked to one lane in both directions. Then someone towing a trailer came down the mountain pass too fast, they didn't have breaks on their trailer so it started pushing them, they tried to slow down which caused them to jackknife and rolled both the car and the trailer shutting down the south bound lanes (If you're gonna tow a trailer through the mountains and are not use to it, go to a mechanic and see about tow breaks or at least slow down). To top it all off someone rolled their truck on the side road that runs east towards Oklahoma. So it was slow, then busy, then slow again, and a lot of angry impatient people.
The Random Woman was across the street this morning, gotta wonder why the Dyslexic Woman wasn't working. Maybe the Boss wanted her to make up for taking several days off during the weekend. There is big drama brewing over there and I'm glad I won't have to deal with it.
The Manager must have gotten busy because she left the scoop in the ice maker. It's a good thing I spotted it early on because it would have been buried and when I went to do the soda machines I would have had to dig it out and it would have been frozen, it's a metal scoop.
Some guy came in, after the crash, and was one of the impatient crowd. His kid got a slushie and none of the lids fit the cup. At the time I was busy so I couldn't go dig around and find one and they were in a hurry since they were now a couple of hours behind schedule. So the left with the open cup, and some snotty comments. Later I got a chance to dig around under the counter and finally found some that would fit the slushie cups. It would be nice if they kept them separate and people bothered to check before they put them out.
After all the crashes the rain rolled in, and it really poured, making customers even more grouchy. Not to mention they tracked up the floor. I'm glad it was Wednesday because if it had been an actual busy day things would have really been bad.
The people who had been stuck due to the crashes cleared out and business dropped off to nothing. I decided it was a good time to mop the floor and as soon as I got one section done a group came running in and had to head right to the wet spot. They can smell the soapy water and have to come see it, and walk on it. I can't explain it.
The Boss came in and confirmed, the Haunted Station is going to become a brand name business. I was joking about them having to wear uniforms, I get the feeling he's going to tell them that they will just to get their reaction. He also told me that they're trying to do something with the West Side Station but can't recruit any big names to take over the place. I get the feeling they are one step closer to shutting it down.
The Storyteller came in and I got the chance to ask about the fake $5 bill he got stuck with. The store he got it from gave him a real bill and I'm pretty sure they are going to confront the person who gave them the fake. I might have to check the police reports to see if anyone reports a case of fraud.
The Crazy Lady came in to tell me about the crashes, I already heard it from the people stuck in the traffic jams and saw the photos on Facebook. I listened to her as if it was all new information to me, see, I can be a nice guy. Hell Week has been rescheduled for next week so I wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible. I never saw Bigfoot so, a normal day.
Comments
Post a Comment