As The Station Turns 9/21

 When I got to work today both the coffee maker and the cappuccino machine weren't working. I was busy for the first hour so I couldn't go check but later I was looking at the valves. The individual ones running to the machines were on but someone had shut off the main valve. I wish when people don't know why a thing isn't working they would leave it alone instead of making everything worse. Cappuccino machine is working again btw.

Frankie the Cop brought a guy by, his 5th wheel trailer had locked up and he managed to get it off the road and into the Haunted Station. He wanted to know if he could leave it there for the night and have someone come work on it in the morning. I told him it was fine and I would let the graveyard shift know so they could look out and check on it every now and then. I also told him there were security cameras everywhere and there would be truck drivers rolling through the place all night. About an hour later I saw someone over there working on it and then the guy came back and hooked up. He came by to thank me for letting him leave it there. No problem for me.

Mrs. Late Guy works a half and half shift on Monday so she thought it would be nice to do the cigarette count early. The problem is she did it on the crappy inventory sheets they have at the station. They've been run through the copier a hundred times, they whited out over the prices and wrote them back in and redrew the lines as they faded out. I made my own sheets at home with proper lettering and updated numbers. I had to figure out what the sheets were suppose to say when I closed out the day.

Since it was slow Mrs. Late Guy decided she would mop the floor and here came a swarm. I'm kind of glad it happens to someone else. 

A new fuel driver came in, he didn't know what tank was which so he would dump in some fuel and then come back in to check the meter to make sure he was dumping it in the right spot. When he was all done he forgot to print out an incoming report. The Boss wasn't going to be happy but I didn't care, it's not my job to tell those guys what to do.

Mrs. Late Guy finished her shift, the place cleared out and I got the ice done before the next crowd showed up. I always enjoy laughing because I beat them.

The Cheese Slippage Guy came in and got his usual. He's been asking for a bag these days. I wonder what he wants it for but I'm afraid to ask. 

The sunset was doing spectacular things tonight. And a woman was hanging around in the restroom, for the whole time. When she was finally done so was the sun.

The Boss came running in to do his paperwork and then left in a hurry. He wanted to watch a game and it was almost kick off time. I like nights like this.

The Graveyard Shift Guy called in sick. He looked fine the night before. Anyhow the boss wanted me to tell the Crazy Lady. Yeah, it's Monday and she loves to be in a horrible mood so I might forget, and forget to tell her about the coffee pot. 

Someone went into the restroom leaving a trail of stink. Sure enough when I went in there a pair of soiled underwear was stinking up the trash can. I cleaned the place up and here came another swarm. At least I got it done before they showed up but then I had to go and check it a second time. Thankfully nobody made a second mess, even the guy who spent a long long time in there.

When Worlds Collide, the Soda Lady and the Storyteller came in at the same time. I'm surprised they never met before, after all this is a small town. Although the coffee machine is still down the Storyteller likes the hot chocolate, he mixes it into the coffee he's getting over at the motel. The Soda Lady didn't get her usual pack of smokes, I guess she's quit again.

A guy made a joke about how he just made it to the restroom. This means I have to go check it but again, no mess.

A guy got a large Monster out of the cooler, put it on the counter and then said he was going to get his wallet in his car. He never came back. Why? If he just wanted to use the restroom he could have left the Monster in the cooler and walked out the back door. I don't care.

A guy came up to the register and said "So". And then didn't say anything else, not even "Thank You" when he paid for his stuff. I have no idea what "So" was about.

At the end of the night I got a really crappy fleet card, the kind I have to call in. Luckily nobody was in the store at the time so despite being stuck on hold I didn't have to wait on a line of people. The problem is it's tough to hear the operators but the truck driver and another customer was talking loudly right behind me. And sure enough the Crazy Lady was late.

I was rushing to get out at the end of my shift so I didn't have to deal with the Crazy Lady but she was in a good mood. So I figured what the heck, I told her the coffee pot was down and the Graveyard Shift Guy wasn't coming in. For some reason that didn't change her mood, she just mocked the Graveyard Shift Guy for his love of the Dallas Cowboys. And then I went home. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

As The Station Turns 8/16

As The Station Turns, An Overview

As The Station Turns 6/4-5