As The Station Turns 9/23

 When I got to work both the cigarette rep and the Lil Debbies guys were there. The good news was that the Manager was so distracted she didn't have time to be in a bad mood. I had to laugh because the Lil Debbies guy said he saw a bumper sticker that said Not All Wanderers Are Lost and I was able to suppress my nerdy little soul, I didn't tell him the quote is "Not all who wander are lost" and it's from The Hobbit.

They've also continued moving stuff from the Haunted Station to the Truck Stop. This last round was more candy and pastries and all the tobacco. I'm really starting to wonder how long the station will be closed because they are clearing it out.

Pump #8 decided to predict the future, it's reading regular gas at $9.69 a gallon. I guess when you pump it still rings out at the right price but the pump has the wrong amount on the display. We weren't busy so it didn't matter for me but I still marked it out of order. I realized that I planned on taking the note off but got busy just before the end of my shift and didn't do it. I'll have to see if the note is still there today.

The repair guy came and fixed the coffee pot, I guess it was a 5 minute job. The problem is the machine is really sensitive and if you move it even the slightest it stops working. There is a really big note warning to not touch it. I bet Bigfoot moved it because nobody on the graveyard shift warned him.

When I got to work the #5 pump was honking on the register, the warning signal that someone did something wrong. In this case someone had run their card and it had timed out. The problem is the pump has been out of order for at least three months so they weren't paying attention to the bright yellow bag on the handle that says Out Of Order.

It was a slow day but I had tag teamers for the first couple of hours. One out, one in. One older woman wandered around looking at stuff and finally came up to the register. And when I say slow picture Tim Conway doing his old man routine, yeah, that.

A guy came in wearing a Buck-ees onesie. Not some kid either, a full grown adult. I almost told him "Get out!" I figure he bought it for fun but then hit the cold weather up here and decided to put it on.

A guy's card got rejected at the pump so we went through the whole process of me explaining how prepays work and if he overestimated it would automatically refund to his card. So he bought several things, I asked how much he wanted on the pump, he completely ignored me so I didn't set it for anything. He went out and then came back in to find out why the pump wasn't working. I told him I needed to know an amount so we could "pre" pay. He gave me a pouty look as he was paying and when he came back in to use the restroom he intentionally ignored me. And yes I laughed at him the whole time.

A guy came in to prepay because the pump wouldn't work, he still couldn't get it on so he moved to another pump and was still having problems. I was just about to go out, in the rain, and help him. I got all the way out the door when I saw him figured it out. They always do that, get me into the weather and then pull their heads out of their butts and read the instructions.

If you read this you saw when I posted the three places to not park at a gas station. Today we have number four, don't park in the middle of the Entrance/Exit. Which is exactly what some semi did. Everyone was waiting for him to pull out so he finally put his flashing lights on. If any other semi tried to pull in they couldn't because there wasn't enough room. Acres of parking in the area and this driver decided to do it in one of the worst spots possible.

People are worried about flash flooding in the state so business was really slow. I decided to do the ice early and when I came out there were wet tracks all over the floor, but nobody was in the building. It turned out to be one of the local tow truck drivers who had come in to get tobacco pouches and decided to use the restroom.

I needed to take a quick potty break but the tag teamers showed up, again. When they finally cleared out I ran to the back and when I came out the Boss was there. That figures.

The Boss was telling me that the Random Woman is telling people the Haunted Station was closed because of the great job she did and they can't find anyone to replace her. I laughed at that. He also told me that the Part Time Woman doesn't want to work with me on Thursday because I won't talk to her, gee I wonder why, perhaps she doesn't remember when her sawed off little shit husband came in and threatened me. I told him she could come in and I would take off early. Perhaps next week. He also told me he ran into the Doofus who is still begging to get his job back.

A guy came in to prepay. Meanwhile his wife was running her card at the pump. Seriously people, talk to each other.

A guy called to find out what the weather was doing. Again, he had heard about flash flooding and was worried about the roads. New Mexico is 121,697 square miles. It's 540 miles east to west and 560 miles north to south. Flash flooding in the southern end of the state means nothing in the northern end of the state. I told him it was drizzling and the roads were clear.

A guy told me he's a borderline diabetic, while buying a soda and Ding Dongs.

The Boss told me gas prices were going up tomorrow, he's told me that before and it didn't happen. However I did need gas so I pulled around and tanked up, it took less than I thought. I guess cutting way back on my driving has been paying off. It was suppose to be raining when I got off work so I parked at the out of order pump under the canopy so I could walk out and not get wet. I bet the Crazy Lady was complaining when I left. Also the Boss brought by some stuff and left the milk crate. He's always telling me to throw them out but instead they accidentally wind up in my car and I take them home. 

The Cheese Slippage Guy came in and got his usual but forgot to get his bag. When I grabbed it he realized his mistake and came back for it. Again, I hope he remembers that I was nice to him and goes somewhere else when....

Someone back up to the back door, they pulled forward and remaneuvered so they were lined up just right. Then they came in to use the restroom and left. Were they planning on a quick getaway in case I confronted them? Beats me.

A couple came in and were looking at stuff, while very very close to one another. Lets be honest, they were a couple of buttons away from having sex. And the woman kept taking selfies the whole time. The modern world is really strange.

The Crazy Lady came in and wasn't talking. The Boss told me the Graveyard Shift Guy had taken the night off two days in a row and she's probably pissed that she had to work alone. I got out of there as fast as I could.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

As The Station Turns 8/16

As The Station Turns, An Overview

As The Station Turns 6/4-5