As The Station Turns 9/26 PM - 9/27 AM

I am F-ing Pissed! I am incredibly pissed. I am SCREAM AT THE WALLS PISSED!

I'm sitting at my house on Friday night, the first of my 5 days off and my phone rings. I knew I shouldn't answer it but I did and it was the Boss. And...that little B--ch The Graveyard Shift Guy needed the rest of the weekend off. He only worked on Friday this week and now he needed next week off. And I get to cover the F-ING graveyard shift because Bigfoot can't do it by his little B-tch self. I was stupid enough to actually make plans. There was something I needed to do and I could have done it on Friday but nooooo....I had 5 days off so I was going to put it off until Sunday, and now I have to go to F-ING WORK. And I'm going to do a crap job, that's for sure. 

I got up on Saturday morning and went for a walk. I cashed in my winning lottery ticket and that didn't put me in a better mood, I got home and found that my insurance company had sent me a refund check, that didn't put me in a good mood. I had waffles and that didn't put me in a good mood. Heck I even stopped off to say hi to the Weekend Guy and that didn't put me in a good mood. I should have gotten ice cream. 

The Weekend Guy said the Boss is planning on shuffling the schedule. He'll possibly be having Tuesday and Saturday off. This is interesting because I call him the Weekend Guy since he's always worked the weekend shift at the West Side Station. Something is about to happen. He also said the Boss wants to get the Haunted Station open before Friday, and he hasn't hired anyone to take over for the Random Woman. I somehow get the feeling that the West Side Station will be closed on weekends in the near future. I wanna tell off the Boss for screwing me over with the whole "Take a week off...wait come cover the graveyard shift" thing but first I want to see what all is going to happen. Plus I want to see how the election goes in November. If the Democrats don't screw it up and end up saving Social Security I might be making changes in January. So now my life is in a holding pattern.

I got to work and perhaps the Fates are just F-ing with me. The Late Guy (who is covering my regular shift) was parked on the side of the building and someone hit his car and then took off. He got a blurry photo of the logo on the side of the vehicle and called the cops so now he's going to have to deal with all that. I tried to tell him that he should ask the Boss for the security video but he was talking to someone on the phone and I didn't get a chance. By the way, when I'm working that is the spot I park in so if I had worked my usual shift they would have hit me. So perhaps being screwed over was a good thing after all.

The Late Guy told me that on Friday the Graveyard Shift Guy was bitching and moaning that he hasn't had a vacation. The Boss got tired of hearing it so he told him to not come back until the next Friday. So now I know where to direct my anger. If the Graveyard Shift Guy is smart he'll be a half hour late next Saturday because I might tell his selfish ass off. But again, I'm still planning on finding a way to change things come January, vote Democrat.

The Late Guy is always complaining about how when he opens the Haunted Station nothing is done, the restrooms are a mess, the trash is overflowing and the soda machine is out of ice. Can you guess the condition I found the Truck Stop in? The trashcans were overflowing both outside and in the restroom, which didn't have any paper towels. The ice was empty and the floor needed mopped. He complains a lot and then spends the day playing on his phone.

The first car on the lot was a hearse. It was kind of an omen for the night, it was dead. I did a third of what I do on the afternoon shift. It was a really really long night, but I did manage to stay awake for the whole thing.

To shorten the story, working with Bigfoot is a lot like working with the Doofus. I went out to do the trash and when I came back in he was in the restroom. When I went to do the walk in cooler he started getting the mop ready. If I was sitting behind the counter, so was he, if I went to do something he would disappear.  He took two hours to clean the restroom and two hours to mop the floor, my favorite part was that he would start to mop part of the floor when there were people in the building and then bitch when the tracked it up, here's a suggestion, wait until the leave and then mop. But at least he did stuff all night, unlike the Graveyard Shift Guy who sits on his ass and plays on his phone. Also I hope he was talking to someone on his bluetooth because otherwise he mumbles a lot. And he was coughing all night, I hope he's a smoker because I don't want to catch anything. 

In the middle of the night I needed to wake myself up so I started stocking shelves. It's amazing how much stuff was behind the counter that needed to go out. Normally I do it on Sunday and I'm always surprised at how nobody else seems to be able to see it. I should mention that it was slow but sure enough, a comparison shopper came in, at 2 AM while I was trying to do some work. You gotta be kidding me.

I went and stocked the walk in cooler because I really needed to wake up, I can't get to it when I'm working alone. It use to be my weekly thing to go in there, stock the shelves, check the dates and organize it so all you had to do was walk in, grab the stuff off the storage shelves and put it in the racks. Naturally I was frustrated by what a mess it is but I wasn't going to stay too long, I didn't bring my big coat. Anyhow when I came out Bigfoot was trying to mop part of the floor but an old guy was recapping all the college scores of the day. I'm glad I was freezing my butt off instead of having to sit through that.

In the middle of the night the system must have cycled because all the card readers went down. Then the pumps crashed one by one. Thankfully nobody was on the lot at the time so I didn't have to tell them to wait until everything came back up.

Just before shift change Bigfoot started counting the coins in his drawer and writing the amount down. Then he asked if I wanted to get out of my drawer first or should he close. Dude, you have half your drawer counted down already, don't play generous now. I told him to go ahead, it gives me extra time on the clock. Mrs Late Guy came in and I closed my drawer but then got stuck waiting for the safe to run its reports so I could do my last drop, good, another 10 minutes on my time card. We chatted about how the Graveyard Shift Guy's little selfish act caused problems for everyone. She also told me that the Part Time Woman was worried about who was going to show up and when. Relax woman, I don't want to spend any time with you. I was exhausted and hungry so I hit McDonalds. I was the only one there and boy, they sure give service with a snarl. Yeah, the woman working the window was not happy that life had lead her to having to work a drive thru window at 6 in the morning on a Sunday. Don't worry sister, I'm there with you. Then I went home and slept until 2 in the afternoon and then I get to do it all over again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

As The Station Turns 8/16

As The Station Turns, An Overview

As The Station Turns 6/4-5