As The Station Turns 9/6

Since it's Sunday morning I ran to the store, because the good people are in church and the bad people are still sleeping off Saturday night. While I was out I figured I would drop by the West Side Station to see if the Weekend Guy was alive or did they find him tossed in the dumpster. He was still alive and had no idea what happened. He said some woman had taken her dog for a walk and it didn't come across anything so whatever happened was after he left. I figure someone found one of the homeless crowd out back, or the guy who likes to throw rocks at cars got an early start this time around. I'm still waiting to find out what is going on. 

When I got to work yesterday the Part Time Woman hadn't gotten out of her drawer so I had to stand there and wait. I guess as her and Mrs. Late Guy were leaving she was complaining that I don't talk to her. Gee, I guess after working with her at the Haunted Stations, her being a world class b*tch and even having her sawed off punk of a husband try to threaten me I just don't feel like talking to her. She'd probably be really pissed if she found out I told the Late Guy that she's the one stealing stuff.

When you run your card at the pump it has a $100 cutoff, you can't get any more plus you can only use your card once. After that you have to come in to pay for your fuel. I'm tired of people complaining at me so I made up some notes and put them on the pumps. However the whole time I was trying to do that I had offset tag teamers. I would manage to tape one to the pump and then have to run inside, next pump, next customer. I finally got them all done and some guy tried to run his card twice. Nobody will read my warnings but when they come in to complain I can say "The pumps are labeled".

There was a large moving van parked at the station next door and some people wandering around, not unusual. About an hour later I noticed it was still parked there. In the end they finally left about 6 hours later. It really stinks when you're moving and broke down somewhere, throwing your entire plans off schedule.

There is a brand of jerky that is made near Albuquerque, it's the real stuff and they have a variety of chili. A woman wanted to know if it was hot and I said "Yes". She asked me again and I said "Yes". I know she thinks I'm lying but you can see the seeds on the jerky, it's hot.

They have a bottle of dish soap behind the counter, and it stinks, I can't stand the smell. So I bring my own stuff, I mostly use it to wash my hands. Anyhow last night I left it at work. Thankfully it ws there today, and someone had used it. I made sure I took it home today.

it's been two days since the #9 pump started running the strange error message and the Late Guy still hasn't come to check it. I left the Pay Inside note on it today but when I end my shift on Monday I'm going to pull it off again, perhaps if other people have to deal with it perhaps someone will get it fixed.

There was a loud banging noise in the restroom which means I have to go check. Later when the place cleared out I went to look and nothing. A couple of hours later I hears some guy making a lot of noise and again, I had to go check, and again, nothing. I guess it was just High Volume day in there.

A woman came in and said she needed a receipt for "The pump over there". There were five cars "over there" so I waited for her to tell me a specific pump number. Seriously, look at your pump number.

The place cleared out so I figured I had better make a restroom run. I've timed myself, three minutes. Anyhow the place was empty and nobody was on the streets when I went in the restroom and when I came out three minutes later there was a crowd, an entire family and they had parked way out on the edge of the lot. Did they fly in, come screeching to a halt, jump out before they were at a full stop and come running in? Three minutes and that includes walking time. 

Some butthole threw out an empty jug in the middle of the lot. There are 9 trashcans and three dumpsters but the middle of the lot is where they chose to toss it. I was heading out to pick it up when the Big Guy came in. He's a good customer and we just got him back after the Doofus had pissed him off so I couldn't make him wait. He was in a chatty mood so I had to wait that much longer. Finally he left and I ran out to pick it up, and of course I started to get customers so I had to sprint. 

The sun went down, the world got dark, and the Random Woman didn't turn on her canopy lights. I could see her sitting over there in the dark, trying to look closed. I snuck out to get a photo and she must have seen me because the lights went on. 




Some guy left his card for a fill up. When he came in he piled a bunch of stuff up on the counter and so I rang it all up. He then said he wanted his fuel on one card and all the stuff on a separate one. He could have told me first. He could have come in and paid for the fuel and then got his stuff but he waited until I was done and then told me what he wanted. I had to void out all the stuff and start over. I don't read minds, tell me what you are doing.

A guy came flying on the lot, he was pulling a trailer and you could hear it bouncing over the pavement gaps (potholes). He came to a fast stop and ran inside. I guess the distance between pitstops was larger than he planned for and he really needed the restroom.

I ran to do a last minute check on the restrooms and found a shooter bottle of Crown Royale on top of the condom dispenser in the mens room. I know it hadn't been in there when I dumped the trash so I was trying to figure out what drunk guy couldn't find the trash can. I considered putting it in the back room, where only the employees go, to cause gossip. Instead I threw it away.




And then I got really really pissed. A guy came in and asked how much a large soda from the fountain machine was. I said $3 plus tax. He got one, I rang it up and he told me he only had $2 and claimed he thought I said $2. He was going to see if he had more change in his car, a nicer car than mine btw. When he came back in he said all he had was $2 so.... So I took his cup and dumped it out in the soda machine and tossed the cup. He got pissed off, he thought I would say "Oh dear, well I guess I'll have to sell it to you at a discount" but he picked the wrong person. He was ranting because his con hadn't worked and when he took a breath I said "Hey, look, there's the door" while pointing at it. He went off again, complaining, insulting me and when he paused I repeated myself "Hey, Look, There's The DOOOOOOR". He finally got the message and left. I'd rather waste a $1 in soda, yes there is quite the markup, then let some conman win. 

Skippy is back, he came in, did his paperwork, asked me if I dropped cash in my paperwork, I told hm no, and then he left. I like it when he does that.

Nobody was in the building when the Graveyard Shift Guy showed up so he was able to clock in on the first try and had zero problems with counting in his drawer. I always laugh at how that works. Also I haven't seen Bigfoot in over a week. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

As The Station Turns 8/16

As The Station Turns 6/4-5

As The Station Turns, An Overview