The Lottery Experiment September
Week 37
This week I ended up with $37.87 in the Tip Jar. I could buy any ticket but I'm still avoiding the $20 one. The station finally has a new $1 ticket with a payout of $1000 dollars, and is a second chance game. When I went to the station I asked the guy for the new ticket, which was in slot #3 but he grabbed the wrong one out of slot #7. I didn't notice until after I scratched it so I was stuck with it. The one he sold me was a $1 ticket with a potential $500 jackpot. What do you know, I actually won back my dollar! I should have taken the win and walked away but I had come for the new ticket so I traded in the winner for the right ticket, and lost. In the end I'm starting the month down a dollar instead of breaking even for the week.
Week 38
Thanks to buying low priced tickets and people being extra generous, or clumsy with their money, the Tip Jar reached $46.21. Since I'm going to buy a low end ticket again this week I rolled $20 over into the Alternative Funds. I'm doing better on found money than I am on lottery winnings. I tried the dart board thing and it said to buy the ticket in slot number 21. Luckily it was the ticket I had planned on buying, this has to be a good sign. So I went to my regular spot and bought a $3 ticket and....the dart board lied to me. But it is a second chance ticket so we'll still see.
Week 39
Despite being a slow week people were very careless with their money and I ended up with $33.42 in the Tip Jar. However this week is different, due to pump problems the station I usually go to is closed and I had to go to another retailer. Their case was half empty and they didn't have any of the new tickets so I went for an older $5 one with good colors, I'm still planning on doing my project, when life calms down a bit. Usually I just scratch off the bar code and check it but I couldn't do it at the place I went so I took the ticket home and actually played the game. Well, it turns out it was a $10 winner! I know all the gambling superstitions are nonsense but perhaps the change of location was lucky.
Week 40
At the end of the week I hit $49.28 in the Tip Jar so for the second time this month I roll $20 into Alternative Funds. My usual spot is still closed so I had to go to another alternate station. They had one of the new tickets but it's $15, I hadn't spent that much on a single ticket in a while, thus the reason the Tip Jar is so high. I figured what the heck, I went ahead and bought it. The jackpot is $25,000 and it has a second chance option of $15,000. Since my usual place is closed and I can't just do a quick check on the scanner I went ahead and played the game, and figured I lost. But then I got an instant win of $5 and when I double checked the ticket I found that I had also won $15 in the regular game. This is the second week in a row that I went somewhere else and actually won. Although I am ending the month down.
And I know gambling superstitions are stupid but maybe I'll go to a different place next week, for experimental reasons.
My September Total
I spent $195 on scratch tickets.
$14 on Powerball tickets.
Won $135
Found a ticket good for a free $2 ticket
Was tipped a $5 ticket.
Got a $4 lottery tip.
I entered 23 Second Chance tickets on line
At the end of the month I am down $63 in the regular lottery experiment.
I also have $310.00 in the Alternate Fund
The Art Project≥I spent $20 on tickets.
I got one free ticket
I won $3
I'm down $17 but it's for art so....
So overall I'm down a total of $80, thanks to art.
Comments
Post a Comment