As The Station Turns 9/30

 So all I have to do is get through the day without telling the Boss to go screw himself. Wish me luck.

So the Late Guy worked on Tuesday night and I got his drawer. I wouldn't mind but he left me $20 in quarters, unrolled quarters. So I had to count them all and separate them into two piles so I could roll up half. The guy has worked there long enough that he knows where the coin rolls are and he shouldn't leave a drawer like that. What the heck dude?

I was told that Mrs. Late Guy is taking the week off. Story to be updated towards the end of the post btw.

When I got a chance I checked the restrooms and both of them were out of paper towels. I could understand one but both? It didn't help my bad mood.

The Pepsi machine was making a lot of noise and I had to check it out. The problem was that I had a crowd of pissers in the building and couldn't do it. Turns out someone the took the syrup bag out of the box and it was sitting wrong so it had sucked the nipple into the bag itself. I turned it over and it started working.

A scammer called and asked to talk to the manager (you know they are scammers because the caller ID lists a city, not a real person's name). I asked him who he was with but he wouldn't tell me. He asked for the manager a second time and again I asked who he was with. He cursed at me and hung up. Since I was in a bad mood today that made me feel better.

There was an Out Of Order sign on pump #7 and I wondered if that had something to do with it going off line on Sunday, however the register said it was back on line. I went out to check and that's when I noticed the chunk missing out of the hose. I guess they had a bigger problem. And the Late Guy is suppose to fix stuff like that.

A woman came in to complain that the air machine took her quarters but didn't go on. I told her it's not our machine and she has to file a complaint with the phone number on the pump. When I looked out she was getting in her car, and wasn't parked at the air pump. People are always trying to con us out of $2.

It's been raining all week and someone left a chunk of dirt off the bottom of their shoe in the middle of the floor. I needed to clean it up before people stepped on it and spread it everywhere so I grabbed the broom, and was swarmed. I don't know how this magic works.

Some guy was talking on his phone, at full volume. It was bad enough having to listen to the entire conversation but there was a screaming child in the background. Again, bad mood and it was really getting on my nerves. But I managed to not go off on him.

I was checking the shelves and found a fuel tank report that was dated a few days ago. So someone went in the back room, ran a report, balled it up and threw it on the shelf and left it there. I figured it might be the Manager testing us so I threw it away.

A guy came in and paid all in dimes and nickels. I wasn't complaining because I needed the dimes, however I had to roll up the nickels. If you're keeping track this is the second time I had to roll coins today.

My next customer paid me $30 all in ones. Must be the end of the month.

Both of the people who paid with change tried to overpay me. That is why it's important to wait for the cashier to count out your money before you walk away, not that I mind the tip.

The rain stopped so I wanted to run out and do the trash but some guy was taking a long time in the restroom, and then slowly shopped. He finally finished and I got one bag done, and that's when the second person came in, to use the restroom, and slowly walked around the store, and finally left. I ran out to finish the trash before it started raining again and that's when the third car showed up but I said screw it, finished and then went inside. They were just sitting out in their car the whole time, and I beat the next round of rain so HA!

A guy was trying multiple times to use his card at the pumps but it rejected his PIN. He came inside and it rejected his PIN again. Thats when he realized he brought his wife's card to the station and she was back at the motel. He started cursing about it and then apologized for his language. I told him to go ahead and curse because I understood. He pulled out his spare card and paid and then was on his way.

At the end of the night a woman came in and paid all in dimes. So I ended the day the same way I started it, rolling coins. 

I was fully expecting the Boss to show up and I was going to have to fight the urge to tell him exactly what I was thinking about not getting my days off but the Crazy Lady came in and he hadn't been around all night. Perhaps he figured out it was best to avoid me, I was wrong.

As I was leaving the Boss pulled in and he called me over to his car. He told me he wanted me to work at the Haunted Station next Friday, I guess they are planning on opening soon. However I'm normally off on Friday but he wants me to change my days off. I'll be off on Monday and Tuesday, work at the Truck Stop on Wednesday and Thursday, the Haunted Station on Friday and then back to the Truck Stop on Saturday and Sunday. Yeah, it's confusing but it means I get two days off in a row. 

And here's where I start to question things. He says that he wants me to take Saturday and Sunday off this week and start the new schedule next week, which will mean I have Monday and Tuesday too, but he also wants me to take Friday off. That would mean I go to work tomorrow and then have 5 days off. However we know how this ended last time, plus I thought Mrs. Late Guy was taking the week off so she wouldn't be there on Friday. And then he added that he wants me to keep my phone on, just in case (perhaps the Manager gave him my message about this Monday and Tuesday and how I was going to "accidentally" leave my phone on airplane mode for the two days). So I'm not going to make any plans.

So once again, my life is on hold until I find out what's really going on. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

As The Station Turns 8/16

As The Station Turns, An Overview

As The Station Turns 6/4-5